It’s the most wonderful time of the year. It’s time to talk SEO trends for 2017.
Ask 44 SEO experts what the big trends will be in 2017, and well, you get 44 different answers!
What’s great about our industry is that there are so many known knowns, known unknowns, and unknown unknowns, to paraphrase a former U.S. defense secretary.
Will this be the year we get the SEO basics right? Will this be the year of voice search? Will this be the year machine learning and AI forever changes SEO as we’ve known it?
Will this be the year your digital strategies always put the audience/customer first? Will this be the year companies really diversify their traffic sources as part of a holistic digital strategy? And how will technologies such as assistants and the Internet of Things change SEO?
So what SEO trends do you need to know in 2017 if you want to generate more traffic and leads while staying ahead of your competition?
Grab a coffee and check out what 44 of the top SEO experts say will be the biggest trends in organic search in 2017 – and beyond.
We’ve gathered insights from these SEO pros:
- Barry Adams, SEO Consultant, Polemic Digital
- Qaisar Saeed, Pixel Webz. SEO Expert
- Jonathan Allen, President, L&T Co.
- Adam Audette, Senior Vice President, Organic Search, Merkle
- Seth Besmertnik, CEO, Conductor
- Daniel Bianchini, Freelance SEO & Digital Marketing Consultant
- Chris Boggs, Founder, Web Traffic Advisors
- Michael Bonfils, CEO & President, International Media Management
- Joshua Daniels, Founder & Managing Director, Go Amplify
- Dave Davies, CEO, Beanstalk Internet Marketing
- Darrell Davis, SEO Manager, The Penny Hoarder
- Stoney deGeyter, CEO, Pole Position Marketing
- Eric Enge, CEO, Stone Temple Consulting
- Erin Everhart, Senior Manager, Media Strategy & Mobile, The Home Depot
- Duane Forrester, Vice President, Organic Search Operations, Bruce Clay Inc.
- Casie Gillette, Director of Online Marketing, KoMarketing Associates
- Mike Grehan, CMO & Managing Director, Acronym
- Jenny Halasz, President & Founder, JLH Marketing
- Christopher Hart, Head of Client Development, U.S., Linkdex
- Bill Hartzer, SEO Consultant
- Kristjan Hauksson, COO & Partner, SMFB Engine
- Jim Hedger, Creative Partner, Digital Always Media
- Jon Henshaw, Co-founder & President, Raven Tools
- Bill Hunt, Global Strategy Consultant, Back Azimuth Consulting
- Mark Jackson, President & CEO, Vizion Interactive’
- Dixon Jones, Marketing Director, Majestic
- Ryan Jones, Manager Search Strategy & Analytics, SapientNitro
- Julie Joyce, Owner, Str0ud LLC and Link Fish Media
- Michael King, Managing Director, iPullRank
- Cindy Krum, Founder & CEO, MobileMoxie
- Casey Markee, Founder, Media Wyse
- Jesse McDonald, Director of SEO, Geek Powered Studios
- Roger Montti, Owner, martinibuster.com
- Brock Murray, Co-founder & COO, seoplus+
- Seth Nickerson, Senior SEO Strategist, Vertical Measures
- Lee Odden, CEO, TopRank Marketing
- Chuck Price, Founder, Measurable SEO
- Kristine Schachinger, Founder & CEO, Vetters Agency
- Grant Simmons, VP of Search Marketing, Homes.com
- Aleyda Solis, Founder & International SEO Consultant, Orainti
- Kaspar Szymanski, SEO Consultant, SearchBrothers
- Marcus Tober, Founder & CTO, Searchmetrics
- Anne Ahola Ward, CEO, CircleClick
- Mindy Weinstein, Founder & President, Marketmind MindShift
- Rob Woods, SEO Consultant, Riseform Digital Marketing